Building Over Easements

Building Over Easements

Building over easements

Before building or extending a structure over an easement or within one metre (laterally) of North East Water’s sewer and water infrastructure, it’s important to gain our written approval.

Rules and policies for build-over easement agreements are in place to protect and maintain access to the community’s water and sewerage assets in case repairs or maintenance are required.

What types of things do I need approval for?

If you’re not sure about what you can build on or near our assets, contact us. The items listed below are some of the items that require our written consent:

  • Dwelling, commercial or industrial property
  • Tennis court or lawn bowling green
  • Eaves of building
  • Retaining wall
  • Brick, paling or post and wire fence
  • Excavation and landscaping
  • Water tank
  • Concreting/driveways/paving
  • Swimming pool, spa, sauna
  • Timber decking
  • Patio
  • Shed
  • Garage or carport

How do I get approval?

Complete this form and submit it to us – we’ll contact you shortly after with a decision.

For more details, please read the Build Over Easement Customer Guidelines.